Managed properly, your social media presence can help you increase your bookings. If you’re a speaker who is seeking connections with new event planners and audiences, follow these steps:
- Keep your profile updated in the I Need A Speaker directory. Upload a current resume/CV or list of speaking engagements, and add information as needed.
- Post samples of your work on YouTube, your personal website, SlideShare, Vimeo, or other platforms, so you can share a link with interested people.
- Join and/or follow groups of speakers on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook. Be sure to comment on their posts and engage with them, so they become familiar with you.
- Follow the groups and individuals who may be interested in the topics you discuss.
- Keep your personal brand consistent across all platforms, using the same background/profile images, typeface (where possible), summaries, tag lines, etc. on each one.
- Share images of yourself presenting to audiences.
- Include client/audience testimonials in your social media content to demonstrate that you’ve had past success.
- Mention upcoming events, tagging the organizations that booked you and promoting their work.
- Direct people to your website or work samples with a URL.
- Ask trusted friends, family, and colleagues to live tweet/post when you’re speaking.
- Conduct pre- and post-surveys to measure audience satisfaction, and share the results online.
- Write a white paper on your area(s) of expertise, and publish it on LinkedIn and your website.
- Network virtually, expanding your scope of connections regularly.
Good luck with your promotional efforts!