What is I Need A Speaker?
I Need A Speaker is a service that connects experts with audiences by making it easy to locate speakers using search tools. Users on the site may search speakers by name, fee, geographic region, and subject matter expertise.
What makes I Need A Speaker different than other speakers’ bureaus?
I Need A Speaker is not a speakers’ bureau. Rather, it’s a resource to connect users with potential speakers without the typical markup that many companies charge.
Why should I join as a speaker?
If you’re a subject matter expert, you’ll be included in a directory that is available to a broad audience. This service is open to speakers of all experience levels.
You complete a profile that includes your:
- Name and credentials
- Organization (optional)
- Resumé/CV (optional)
- Languages spoken
- Subject matter expertise
- Fee range
- Preferred meeting type/travel requirements (mileage, lodging, etc.)
- Contact information
Because users connect with you directly, there is no markup or additional fees like many businesses charge. You’ll be more appealing as a speaker to event planners of all budget ranges.
Both speakers and organizations benefit from a monthly newsletter filled with practical information, announcements and giveaways!
What are the benefits of registering with I Need A Speaker as a meeting organizer?
You’ll have free online access to a wide range of speakers with subject matter expertise ranging from general topics, such as business or health/wellness, to very specific topics, such as business/change management, energy/sustainability, literature/Shakespeare, marketing/digital marketing, and more.
Search our speaker directory by name, fee, geographic region, and subject matter expertise, then you can contact speakers directly. There are no markup or additional fees, like many businesses charge.
Plus, you’ll receive a monthly newsletter with content on public speaking, event planning, giveaways, and more!
Do you offer group discounts for directory listings?
Yes! We are pleased to offer discounts to groups of 100 or more. Please contact us to request your discount.
I’m interested in contacting a speaker who I saw on your directory. How do I know this person is a good speaker?
It’s recommended that you learn as much about the speaker as possible before booking a speaking engagement. How do you do this? Here are some simple ways:
- Ask the speaker for a sample video.
- Look for the speaker on YouTube.
- Request three references.
- Ask about their experience with public speaking.
I found a speaker that I’d like to book for my event. What do I do now?
After you and the speaker agree on a date, time, place, etc., it’s customary that both the event planner and the speaker sign a letter of agreement.
Your letter of agreement may include the following details:
- Speaker contact information (name, title, address, phone, e-mail)
- Event date
- Event venue
- Event start and end times (include breaks)
- Estimated number of attendees
- Speaker fee
- Deposit required, if applicable
- Payment of balance (typically the day of the event)
- Speaker’s taxpayer ID number
- Speaker’s agent, if applicable
- Agent’s contact information, if applicable
- Presentation title
- Meeting room set-up requirements (classroom style, theater style, etc.)
- Audio/visual needs
- Other equipment or set-up needs
- On-site contact person for the event
- Travel and accommodations details (check and complete all that apply)
- Roundtrip airfare/maximum price, if applicable;
- Mileage (at the rate of ___ per mile/kilometer)
- Complimentary program or event registration (excluding stand-alone events that require an additional fee)
- Complimentary hotel accommodations for ____ nights
- Hotel name, address, phone
- Other (as needed)
- Person responsible for travel arrangements and their contact information (if other than the speaker)
- Permission to sell products or services at the event (you may request a sample or detailed description from the speaker)
- Liability statements
- Responsibility for payment of royalty fees, licensing costs, etc.
- Indemnify event planners against liability or damages which may result as violation of copyright laws
- Speaker will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
- Cancellation terms
- Readiness to perform
- Events beyond control of the parties
- Replacement speaker
- Disclaimer of consent to use likeness in the form of live video, recorded video, and/or still photography
- Permission for event planners to publicize event
- Backstage/VIP guests
- Confidentiality re: the terms, conditions, and arrangements
- Acceptance of terms (signature and date)
If your question remains unanswered, please e-mail us.
What is I Need A Speaker’s cancellation/refund policy?
Any individual who registered and paid an annual registration fee shall be entitled to a refund for of the annual fee paid by such individual for the year in which such refund is requested and any prepaid years.
- ‘A Christmas Carol’ for Public Speakers December 24, 2022
- Ten Things Event Planners Have On Their Wish List December 12, 2022
- Ten Practical Gifts That Will Please Any Speaker December 12, 2022
- Eight Ways Public Speaking Helps Build Your Business November 10, 2022
- This Is the Best Way to Celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month September 15, 2022