If you’re thinking about taking the stage, there is no better time! Virtual events have increased exponentially in the last year, and event planners are looking for panel presenters, keynoters, motivational speakers, and more. Do it for the audiences who will benefit – and do it for yourself as well.
Here are five great reasons to grab a microphone or jump on a video conference:
- You’ll improve your critical thinking skills. As you plan your talk, you need to think through a central statement, supportive material, and clever endings. Along the way, you have to plan with your audience in mind.
- You’ll stand out. If you’re looking for a job or welcome advancement in your current position, your work as a public speaker will get you positive attention.
- You’ll expand your network. Virtual meetings are still meetings. Use the opportunity to network with new people and follow up afterward.
- You’ll sharpen your communication skills. Public speaking is a process that involves focusing on verbal and nonverbal language. Emphasis on these skills will improve your interactions.
- You’ll enjoy a greater sense of self-confidence. Many people say they fear public speaking, and others credit their talks for giving them a sense of accomplishment.
While there are so many more reasons to get in front of an audience, these five will hopefully be enough to get you started. Break a leg!
Photo credit: Pexels